In this post, we’ll look at the four best ways to remove scars from your legs fast. When I say get rid of scars, I’m referring to dark marks. You may find it used interchangeably in this post.
We Will Cover:
- Kojic acid soap and glycolic acid
- Tretinoin & spot lighteners. Hydroquinone or tretinoin & azelaic or tretinoin and cyspera (cysteamine)
- Chemical Peels
The Importance of Consistency
I get my sensitive and spot retaining skin from my mom. Growing up, I would watch her spots/scars, and skin issues fade much faster than mine, even though she was older and had a slower skin cell turnover. This happened because she was very consistent with her routine, while I was the complete opposite-inconsistent and approached my routine in a lackadaisical manner.
The nighttime routine is so essential, yet that’s what most people skip because they’re tired. Even if you miss your routine for one reason or the other, pick yourself back up the next day. Right your wrongs and keep it pushing.
Strategy: Try to get your routine done earlier in the day before your willpower depletes.
Importance of Sun Protection
When you expose your skin to the sun, your skin’s way of protecting you is by producing more melanin. What does this mean for your dark marks and scars? It means they get darker and harder to treat. So, be sure to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun.
When to Expect Results
- Kojic acid and glycolic acid (3 -6 months on the body might take longer than six months if you have a skin that retains spot)
- Tretinoin & spot lighteners – hydroquinone (1-3 months 3 -6 months on the body. Probably come about faster if you don’t have a skin that retains spots)
- Chemical peels: Cosmelan after 3-6 weeks, VI peel after 3 – 6 treatments. However, you’d notice some improvement after your first treatment. 3(a). Glycolic acid & TCA peel: After 2-4 treatments (although you will notice some improvement after the first peel).
- Laser Treatment results are first visible about 2 or 3 weeks after the first appointment.
L I N K S
▶ Kojic acid soap
▶ Glycolic acid lotion https://amzn.to/37RoHbn
Glycolic acid lotion 2 https://fxo.co/CMwe
▶ Lactic acid lotion https://amzn.to/3xSMpi7
▶ Tretinoin https://thepigmentedlife.com/product-links/
▶Azelaic acid https://bit.ly/3CPXHHs
▶Cyspera (cysteamine) https://lddy.no/yutj
▶ TCA https://bit.ly/3zBlpWq
– TCA 20% https://www.dpbolvw.net/click-100428206-13267921
▶ Glycolic acid https://www.kqzyfj.com/click-100428206-13267954
– Glycolic acid 70% https://www.dpbolvw.net/click-100428206-12783128
▶ Lactic acid https://amzn.to/3cmOcUJ
▶ Mandelic acid https://amzn.to/3cmp40g
▶ Sunscreen https://amzn.to/2XBWOCp
Sources: To be added shortly